(for male adult volunteers)
What we do today makes a difference tomorrow. 2+ hours each week is all it takes to become a Big Brother. Become a kid again by doing a variety of fun activities and games with a Little Brother, aged 7 – 16.
The Big Brothers Mentoring program provides boys with a role model and a friend to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with. Through regular outings, a friendship is developed between the Big and Little Brother, that is built on trust and common interests. The result is a life-changing experience for both the mentor and the mentee.
All it takes is 2-4 hours each week, and a minimum one-year commitment to the program. Develop new skills, try out new activities and be a role model.
Some of the activities Big and Little Brothers like do to are:
- Arts and crafts
- Mini golf
- Listening to music
If you’re interested in becoming a Big Brother, click here to fill out our Volunteer Contact Form
Who can volunteer?
You can! A “typical” Big Brother is a caring, responsible guy who is over the age of 18. Our Volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and from all walks of life. No special skills or experience are needed. All you need is a little time and enthusiasm.
Check for Eligibility
- I am 18 years or older
- I have lived in the St. Catharines Area for a minimum of 6 months.
Submit an Application
- You may choose to complete a Volunteer Contact Form online or you may contact our agency.
- Once we receive your inquiry, we will set up an orientation session where mentoring programs are reviewed. The application process will be initiated once the application is complete.
- Due to long wait times for the Vulnerable Sector Scan (4-6 weeks), we suggest that applicants begin the police check process prior to their Orientation meeting. You may apply in person to your local police station or the closest OPP detachment. Some police stations require a letter stating your Volunteer position to complete your Vulnerable Sector Scan. Volunteer letters can be provided upon request by Justin Nelson at email@example.com or 905-646-3230 ext. 35
- You can also complete an online Vulnerable Sector Scan if: 1. You have been living in Canada for 1 year 2. You have credit history 3. You are over the age of 21 Visit http://www.policesolutions.ca/checks/services/niagara/