Game On! is a group mentoring program for providing boys and young men with information and support to make informed choices about a range of healthy lifestyle practices.
Through non-traditional physical activities, complemented with healthy eating support, participants are engaged in life skills, communication, and emotional health discussions designed to engage participants in the pursuit of life-long healthy lifestyles.
Game On! includes seven 1 hour core sessions. There are also four extension modules that capture potential issues and topics specific to various locales and the interests of the mentors and participants.
The program strives to do the following:
- through the lens of healthy living, openly discuss current and pressing issues facing boys and young men
- build appreciation for the benefits of healthy eating habits
- promote physical exercise through the use of non-traditional activities
- instill respect for socio-economic, ethno-cultural and racial diversity
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking
- and above all, make a difference.
If you’re interested in becoming a Volunteer, click here to fill out our Volunteer Contact Form
Schools Currently Offering Game On!
|DSBN Academy||EI McCulley|
|Lockview||Our Lady of Fatima|
|St. Alfred||St. Denis|
|St. James||St. Theresa|
IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOU SCHOOL LISTED HERE, CONTACT YOUR PRINCIPAL TO FIND OUT HOW YOUR SON CAN BE A PART OF THIS AMAZING PROGRAM!