Go Girls! is a group mentoring program for girls ages 12-14 that focuses on physical activity, balanced eating and self-esteem. The single, most important goal of the program is to positively shape the lives of young women and girls by helping them build a positive self-image – setting them on a path to reach their full potential in life.
The Go Girls! program consists of 7 mentoring sessions, held over a 7-10 week period, during school hours within school facilities. Each 1 hour-long session is loosely structured around four themes: physical activity, healthy eating, self-esteem, and communication skills.
The program strives to do the following:
- create appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle
- build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits and the risks associated with eating disorders
- promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise
- encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
- support the development of leadership and life skills
- offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
- and above all, make a difference.
If you’re interested in becoming a Volunteer, click here to fill out our Volunteer Contact Form
Schools Currently Offering Go Girls! Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds
|Lincoln Centennial||Monsignor Clancy|
|Oakridge||Our Lady of Fatima|
|Power Glen||Prince of Wales North|
|Richmond St.||St. Alfred|
|St. Denis||St. James|
|St. Michael's||St. Nicholas|
IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR SCHOOL LISTED HERE, CONTACT YOUR PRINCIPAL TO FIND OUT HOW YOUR DAUGHTER CAN BE A PART OF THIS AMAZING PROGRAM!
Click Here to read about the importance of Go Girls! Go Girls Report May 2014