The Big Sisters Mentoring program provides girls and young women ages 6-16 with a role model and a friend to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with. Through regular outings, a relationship is developed between the mentor and the mentee, that is built on trust and common interests, and is supported by our experienced case-workers. The result is a life-changing experience for both the mentor and the mentee.
The Big Sisters Mentoring program requires 2+ hours each week with scheduled outings and a minimum of 1 year committment.
The program strives to do the following:
- provide a role model and a friend for girls and young women
- promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers
- instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking
- and above all, make a difference while having fun
We also have plenty of great ideas and opportunities on our community partner discounts page!
If you’re interested in becoming a Big Sister, click here to fill out our Volunteer Contact Form