Are you planning a social event? Are you a corporate leader looking for a fun and unique way to showcase your social responsibility or community support?
While they vary, third party events typically:
- Are initiated, organized and promoted by an outside party
- Benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters with full or partial proceeds
- Are managed and directed by the third party (Big Brothers Big Sisters staff and Volunteers are available as support only)
Thank you for your interest in supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters of North and West Niagara. Here are a few points that any individual, organization, or business (the “Fundraising Sponsor”) must consider ahead of time to assist with the planning of a successful fundraising event (the “Event”):
Some Things We Can Do (varies by event):
- Post an event listing through our E-Newsletter.
- Promote the Event through social media.
- Provide BBBS posters, banner, and brochures.
- Guide the Fundraising Sponsor with fundraising ideas.
- Approve the use of the BBBS’s name/logo in promotional materials for the Event.
Note: Any use of the BBBS logo must be approved in writing prior to printing or publishing event materials (please refer to staff regarding our Graphic Standards Guidelines).
- Provide a letter of endorsement for the Event once a completed Event Proposal Form has been received and approved by the Big Brothers Big Sisters of North and West Niagara.
- Offer guidance with respect to licensing (i.e. gaming license) or insurance coverage that may be necessary for your event.
- Issue tax receipts according to Canada Revenue Agency rules and regulations where applicable.
Things We Cannot Do:
- Provide funding or reimbursement for event expenses.
- Provide access to our contact lists.
- Guarantee promotion or advertising of your event.
- Guarantee staff or Volunteer attendance at your event.
- Guarantee prizes and auction items for your event.
- Assist with corporate sponsorship or ticket sales.
Over the past few years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has benefited from the support of the following Third Party Events:
- Annual Zelda Marathon
- Dine for Go Girls with the Women of Niagara
- Moksha Yoga “Grow Your Yoga Challenge”
- Bright Lights, Bright Future Campaign with GAMS and Realterm Energy Corp
- Larry Meginnis Hypnotist Show
- Omega Sigma Chi Sorority Trivia Night
- Stella and Dot Trunk Shows
Ready to Host?
First thing is first – please review our Third Party Agreement
If you’re ready to propose an event, please fill out the Third Party Event Proposal Form below. For more information, contact Britnie at 905-646-3230 ext. 32 or email@example.com For information regarding tax receipts, contact Wendy at ext. 21 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters!