OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
With growing public concerns over the impact of COVID-19, we want to assure you that our agency is paying very close attention to the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada. We are doing our part to encourage continued social distancing in hopes to help flatten the curve. It is with a heavy heart that we POSTPONE the 13th Annual Wine, Women and Style event to a future date.
To YOU, our loudest champions who have already purchased a ticket/table to the event- we would like to offer you the following options regarding your recent purchase
1. Stay a Believer! Credit your ticket purchase to be used at a later date. *Pending recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada
BIG Thank-You to our generous presenting sponsor Vintage Hotels for standing-by our agency, our GoGirls! and our guests by continuing to support our future event!
2. Donate Your Ticket- Donate the cost of your ticket purchase and receive a tax receipt for the value of your donation.
3. Issue a Refund- Receive a full refund of your ticket purchase. Refunds typically received within 3-5 business days.
Please contact Britnie Bazylewski- Fund Development Officer at Britnie.firstname.lastname@example.org to share your preferred option for event postponement reimbursement or for more information.
** Due to the high volume of email correspondence received by our staff at this time, please allow 48-hours for response**
Without this crucial fundraising period, our team is working hard to find alternative solutions for funding that will allow us to continue serving the young people in our community with the mentoring support they need.Our GoGirls! need our community’s continued support more than ever. Our annual Wine, Women and Style event is the primary fundraising initiative that allows the Big Brothers Big Sisters of North and West Niagara team to enable life changing mentorship relationships through our highly regarded GoGirls! Programs. We are work diligently with our partners at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada to adapt to this uncharted landscape of COVID-19 to find safe and supportive solutions to keep our mentors and their mentees engaged.
Go Girls! is a group mentoring program for girls ages 10-14 that focuses on physical activity, balanced eating and self-esteem. The single, most important goal of the program is to positively shape the lives of young women and girls by helping them build a positive self-image – setting them on a path to reach their full potential in life.
The importance of your support is immense! The cost for Big Brothers Big Sisters to support 8 girls in a GoGirls program equates to $5,000/session term. Every dollar raised from this event goes towards helping our agency continue to provide young women and girls with an environment to meet new friends and build their leadership and life skills in a safe space … free of charge.
The program strives to do the following:
- Create appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle
- Build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits and the risks associated with eating disorders
- Promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise
- Encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
- Support the development of leadership and life skills
- Offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendshipsAnd above all, make a difference.